What is AI and How Do Chambers Use It?
If you’re like many people, you keep hearing about AI (artificial intelligence) but have no idea what it really means.
It’s okay to stop pretending. Take a couple of minutes to learn about AI.
What is AI?
Artificial intelligence (AI) is an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans. Some of the activities computers with artificial intelligence are designed for include:
- Speech recognition
So, where do you use it?
Think of Amazon’s Alexa, Apple’s Siri, or the recommendations you get from Netflix and Spotify. Lyft provides arrival time estimator and Google Maps gives us traffic time predictors. These are everyday ways we interface with AI.
Where can chambers use it?
- Chatbots to answer member questions
- Understand members’ interests and preferences
- Send personalized member communications
- Determine similarities between members for networking
- Identify member donation and sponsorship habits
Have you successfully used AI for your chamber? We’d love to hear about it!
SEE ALSO: Why HTTPS is Critical for Chambers