Creative Chamber of Commerce Partnerships
Merriam-Webster defines a chamber of commerce as an association of businesspeople to promote commercial and industrial interests in the community; and they define a partnership as a relationship involving close cooperation between parties.
When successful programs result from the teamwork of chambers of commerce with other organizations, these two words go hand-in-hand.
The ChamberMaster team selected five exemplary program ideas submitted to the Chamber Innovation Competition to highlight in Chamber & Community Partnerships: 5 Case Studies of Economy-Boosting Collaboration.
It features real stories from Chambers that partnered with community organizations, government, and area businesses to cultivate economic development and community growth.
We’re appreciative of the following organizations who shared the details of their creative programs which improved economic prosperity in their area:
- The Chamber Challenge - Grandview Area Chamber of Commerce
- IHCC MicroLoan Program - Idaho Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
- Onward Yankton - Yankton Area Chamber of Commerce
- Shot In the Arm For Housing - North Platte Area Chamber and Development Corporation
- EI2 Business Plan Competition - Christian County Chamber of Commerce
Retaining established member businesses, while attracting up-and-coming businesses, can be daunting; but when organizations work together, it multiplies the impact on their community. Download Chamber & Community Partnerships: 5 Case Studies of Economy-Boosting Collaboration for these great examples of chamber of commerce creativity and teamwork.