How to Celebrate Chamber of Commerce Week
The 2019 Chamber of Commerce Week is September 9th -13th.
What is your chamber doing?
Consider some of these ideas to help celebrate!
- Have a recruitment contest to see how many new members your current members can sign up. For example, recruit a potential NEW member during Chamber Week and be entered into a prize drawing.
- Offer a special rate for people who join during Chamber of Commerce Week. For example, $50 off a new membership or offer a 16-month membership (the rest of 2019 and all of 2020) for the price of 12 months.
- Invite other chamber professionals in your area to lunch; celebrate and network with them.
- Ask your Mayor for a local proclamation.
- Invite a member of the state chamber to speak to your membership during this week.
- Hold an open house at your chamber office to show the community what the chamber does. Have coffee and cookies on hand.
- Submit a press release to your local newspaper.
- Invite chamber members to meet you at member restaurants for breakfast, lunch, or dinner (eat somewhere different each time!) to talk with you about their chamber experiences.
- Approach local radio stations to conduct interviews with chamber leaders.
- Remember to promote Chamber of Commerce Week all week on social media, too!
Let us know your plans!
Get award-winning ideas for chamber events and programs.>>
Special thanks to the Illinois Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives and the following Illinois Chambers of Commerce for many of these great ideas: Oswego, Oak Park, River Forest, Galesburg, Elmhurst, and Aurora Regional.
SEE ALSO: 8 Questions to Ask Before Planning Board of Directors Orientation>>