How to Write a Chamber Blog People Will Read
A blog post is actually about way more than the topic it covers.
Quality chamber blog posts drive web traffic, and increased web traffic improves your SEO ranking (search engine optimization) – which in turn creates more awareness about your organization.
There are many ways to improve blog traffic and increase followers. But, it doesn’t have to be an overwhelming project. Begin your journey from good to great chamber blogging with just a few techniques. Start with the layout:
Be Organized and Concise
- Your blog layout should be clear and skimmable. Data show that internet readers love numbers, lists, worsts, urgency, and promises.
- Get to the point—set post-length parameters. Keeping it short improves readability and keeps the reader’s attention. 300-500 maximum word count is a good goal.
- Break up text and emphasize important sections with bold type, bullets, and numbered lists.
- A large percentage of visitors will simply click away from text-heavy posts with little white space and no headings.
- A picture is worth a thousand words, so leverage images on your blog
- Include high-quality, professional-looking, and engaging images
- Images should fulfill the promise of headline and complement the topic
- Consider using video, graphs, and slideshares
Share and Network
- Include social sharing buttons
- Provide a prominent subscribe option
- Create a Call-To-Action (download, sign up for mailing list, comment, etc.)
- Promote on Social Media
Look for an upcoming post with more tips on writing blogs that benefit your organization.
Successful blogging doesn’t happen overnight. Take it one step at a time; the key is to just take that first step.
SocialMediaExaminer.com, BrandsWithFansBlog.com, JonLoomer.com, SocialMediaB2B.com, CopyBlogger.com, Entrepeneur.com, Hubspot.com