Don’t Be Fooled! Protect Your Chamber from Online Hacking
Don’t get fooled today (or any day). Use this quick reminder checklist to make sure you have maximized your online security. Remember, when it comes to hacking, no one ever thinks it will happen to them.
- Avoid checking email, bank accounts, logging on to social media, etc. when on public wi-fi.
- Don’t use same password for multiple sites and consider using a password manager.
Some of the most commonly hacked passwords in the last year were:
- Use 2-factor verification – when someone tries to log on to your account from a new or unknown device, they must provide a code that is emailed or texted to you in order for them to continue.
- Always log-out when you’re done on a site (no matter how inconvenient it seems).
- Back up your data either on the cloud or on external drives.
Protect yourself and protect your Chamber by taking steps to reduce your online vulnerability.
Check out tech Expert Beth Ziesenis’ (Your Nerdy Best Friend)
on-demand webcast: Secret Tech Weapons for Chamber of Commerce Professionals.