Spring Clean Your Way to Success
Celebrate spring by organizing your office. De-cluttering and refreshing your workspace improves motivation and efficiency. Take a minute to check out your office for “curb appeal.” Does it say, "A professional accomplishes things here"? If not, follow these steps to solve the problem.
Organize Your Office in 5 Minutes
- See which pens work and which are taking up drawer space. Also, ditch bent paper clips, loose staples, etc.
- Return borrowed items with a polite "Thank you."
- Pitch outdated menus and offers. They’re unnecessary and probably available online.
- Get rid of that withering plant and the deflated birthday balloon.
- Are items you use most often within easy reach? Store items by whether they are used daily, weekly or rarely.
- Is your inbox a collection point that never gets touched? Is so, why does it own such valuable desktop real estate?
- Does your corkboard display this week's schedule or yellowed news clippings and an expired coupon for a car wash?
- What's with the wool scarf dangling on the coat rack? Your office should be current.
- Keep a cleaning kit with screen wipes, antibacterial wipes, a microfiber cloth, and a can of compressed gas.
- Take a celebratory twirl in your office chair and spritz the air with a neutral air freshener. Doesn’t that feel great?